Being a new blogger there is always curiosity about who is reading what you post, why they are reading it and if they are enjoying it. Do most just click in and exit out because it’s a snooze fest? Regardless, I believe you have to appreciate every view and comment received and hope your posts are half interesting to your readers. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers, followers and even the random “likers” for taking the time to read. It is a sense of accomplishment when someone confirms you have written something worth reading. I hope you are enjoying this journey as much as me and I appreciate you sticking with me as I learn the ropes of being a “blogger”.
So with saying that… I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Twin a nutshell, one of my favourite blogs I follow! Her tone and dry humor about her life as a mother of twin boys cracks me up! Not to mention she is a fellow Canadian. Please take the time to check out her blog, you will NOT be disappointed 😀
Ok, I have been nominated! Thanks, now what? Although extremely honoured and excited about being recognized for this award as a new blogger, I have to be honest when I say, I had NO idea what it was or what it even meant. After taking the time to read through everything, I have come to the conclusion that it’s just a really great way for new bloggers to be recognized and for those ones to pay it forward to others. I take it as a great compliment and now that I know what it’s all about, I will follow the rules outlined for me below.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
– Done and happy to! Don’t forget to check out her blog!
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
– This seems like a lot of “school” work… but I’ve done it!
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
– Being a new blogger I may not reach 11 but I am happy to nominate those I know and that are new!
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
– Being told to brag? Ok!
Note: (These are the “rules” but please feel free to do as you wish. If you have 5 bloggers to nominate instead of 11, and you can only think of 7 random facts about yourself – that’s perfectly fine! )
Questions for me from Twin a nutshell:
1. If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would you do for the rest of your life?
– Find a beach, grab a frozen cocktail and plant a chair in the sand! But, if I actually have to choose work I’d have to say something rewarding but honestly, I have no idea. Good question!
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
– For years I always believed I would be a veterinarian until I found out you had to deal with all of the sad parts of the job too.
3. Knowing it would be your last meal, what would you eat?
– Everything in site! But most likely Poutine and ice cream for dessert.
4. What are you reading right now (offline)?
– I have been really busy lately but have attempted to read ‘The Host’ by Stephenie Meyer.
5. If you could only listen to one artist or band for the rest of your life – their existing music, and anything else they might come up with – who would it be?
– At this moment, probably Bruno Mars. Every song is guaranteed genius.
6. If you could live in any time period or witness any historical event firsthand, what would it be?
– Not so sure about a historical event but I have always wanted to go back and live in the 70’s. Life seemed much more simple then!
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
– My Grandpa, I really miss him.
8. Where’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been?
– Interesting, hmmm, I guess I have to say Cuba. The difference between our world and their world is unreal. Makes me very thankful for what I have and where I live.
9. What’s your least favorite household chore and why?
– Putting laundry away. I have always hated it and end up living out of a laundry basket because for some reason the task seems daunting.
10. What was your favorite children’s story or TV show when you were a child?
– I loved the Berenstain Bears and Little Critters books. I think Mr. Dressup was my favourite show.
11. Why do you blog?
– Blogging never really interested me, although I did follow some people on their blogs, but once we started our home renovations and I began talking about it with people they always seemed so interested and asked a lot of questions. I thought it would be helpful to others to start blogging my journey and they could follow along as they pleased. It has evolved a little already and I find I am enjoying writing so I will continue as I see fit 🙂
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m a procrastinating perfectionist but I am extremely impatient.
2. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
3. I’m married to my highschool sweetheart. We have been together for almost 13 years total.
4. I have a dog named Rocky Balboa and regret not getting his sister and naming her Adrian. 😉
5. I absolutely LOVE travelling, especially to the Caribbean.
6. I embrace change but it scares the crap out of me.
7. I used to play the piano.
8. I am relied on by many people in my life for many different reasons.
9. I DO plan on having kids, contrary to what many people think. 😉
10. My goal is to live a happy and stress free life.
11. It bugs me that there are 11 questions not an even number like 10.
Questions for MY nominees:
- What do you consider your biggest flaw?
- If you were given $1,000,000 and told you had to give it away, what would you do with it?
- If you could, what era would you live in and why?
- What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
- What was your favourite show when you were a child?
- If you could be anything in this world; a different species, do a specific job, anything, what would you be/do?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- Where’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been so far?
- What is your biggest goal in life?
- Who do you admire most and why?
- Why do you blog?
I think I have followed all of the rules and I look forward to seeing the response to my questions. Thank you again for the nomination and thank you for following along. 🙂
Lady Champagne xo